Preparing for Effective Course Facilitation
Based on the subject matter that makes up the content of the course you are to facilitate, respond to the following questions:
- List the key conceptual areas that you will be covering in your course.
- What are examples of incorrect perceptions (knowledge) or understanding that could be contrary to what you expect to teach? Give examples in each key conceptual area of your course.
- What prerequisite and appropriate knowledge do you expect students to have in order for you to build their understand of key concepts you are to address?
- What competency or skills must students have that are related to your course focus in order for them to be able to achieve your course outcomes?
- List meaningful examples that will have help students grasp key concepts covered in each key conceptual area of your course.
- Indicate best method of presenting key concept supporting content to ensure connection to prior knowledge and understanding. Do this for each key conceptual area.