Self-Assessment, Me as a Facilitator
As much as we encourage learners, students and course participant to drive their own learning agenda, so should we.
We can achieve this by doing self-assessments of our course delivery and asking a few questions:
- Do we know whether course participants are at the appropriate prerequisite knowledge and skills level when starting our courses?
- Can we identify student knowledge gaps and bring them back on board?
- Can we drive motivation to participate and engage effectively?
- Are we telling or teaching?
- Are we driving outcomes achievement, or focusing on delivering content?
- Are we assessing memory skills, or competencies and understanding?