All interactive sessions are hosted using Zoom.
It is recommended that all course participants use the Zoom desktop application for the optimal interaction experience.
Here is a guide you may choose to review:
Joining the Zoom Sessions:
- The interactive session meeting links are included in each learning activity as required. Meeting status, start time and duration are shown.
- Use the “Join via Zoom App” link in the meeting information to access the interactive session. Joining via a browser offers a subset of the full features.
- You will be placed in a waiting room before being granted access to and admitted to the Zoom session.
- Familiarise yourself with Zoom, and in particular, the features related to managing you audio and video, and using “Raise Hand”, Chat, Sharing features.
- Please ensure you full name is used on your Zoom profile, when joing meetings. You can rename yourself in a meeting if necessary (Participants->find your own name->more->rename)
If you are not already a registered Zoom user, complete the steps below:
- Go to the Zoom Website and sign up for free. This gives you the ability to use Zoom to host your own meetings of up to 40 minutes, and with up to 100 participants. You can also use this to joining meetings that are hosted by paid Zoom users, which can be of longer duration.
- When signing up, for Zoom, or afterwards by maintaining your Zoom profile, use your full first name and surname. Your profile name is displayed when you join Zoom sessions. This is important, and a professional courtesy, as it allows meeting hosts to recognise you and grant you access into closed user-group meetings. This also means that facilitators and peers attending the online meetings will know who they are interacting with.