Digital Inclusion, in collaboration with the University of the Western Cape (UWC), developed this course to enhance the level of understanding and competency of targeted groups with respect to the use of Mobile Technology (Smartphones, tablets) and the Internet.
Some of the reasons for focusing on Mobile Literacy include:
- Smartphones are essentially very portable computers
- Smartphones are accessible to a large and growing percentage of the population
- Smartphones are perhaps the only computers that many of us have access to
- Modern network services allow for continued network connection when moving about
- Combining the use of Smartphones with Mobile Network services, means that each of us can have resources at hand to meet our daily needs, anywhere and anytime